This tasty prawn curry is blanketed in the most luscious coconut red curry sauce and full of so much flavor! It’s quick, easy, and crazy delicious!
Remember this recipe is not cast in stone and you can twerk it up according to your preferences.
- 800g Prawn Tails or 1kg Prawn Meat
- Olive oil
- 1 tin coconut milk or coconut cream
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp fish masala
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp Robertsons spice for fish
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 tsp garlic & ginger paste
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ensure your prawns are thoroughly thawed overnight or under cold water. (never hot water)
- Season the prawns with the spice for fish.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add garlic & ginger paste, Thai red curry paste, curry powder and fish masala.
- Add liquidized tomato and tomato paste. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add coconut milk or coconut cream and stir consistently, until sauce thickens slightly
- Add prawns, chopped coriander and season with salt.
- Cook until prawns turn pink (+-5minutes).
- Serve with Basmati rice or roti.